Tuesday, August 10, 2010

Quality Mother/Daughter Time

For the last 2 days it has only been me and Brylie at home during the day. Its the first time ALL summer that K and B havent been together. I think they must get sick of each other, but they dont usually act like it. They have been on every vacation together this summer.
Its not every day that I have just one kid at home, so we knew we needed to take advantage of it. Kaden was off having fun with her BFF, so we didnt have to feel bad about having a good time :)
Yesterday we went to lunch at Pei Wei (which yes was Mommy's choice.) There is one right by Greg's work so we met him for that. (BTW eating there made me totally feel like I was in AZ, I was just waiting for someone from my AZ fam to walk in the door!) Then we went to watch an afternoon movie- we saw Despicable Me in 3D! This was the first time I have been to a 3D movie, but not Brylie's. It was fun, she laughed out loud so many times. We then did some shopping at Michaels, a Dollar Store, and Target. We were gone all day and didnt get home until dinner time.
After dinner we did FHE, I dont think Brylie liked being the only child then because there was no one to help her goof off with! We squeezed in a game of monopoly and played with play-doh. Then it was PJ's on, bedtime snack and story time.
Today we tried to relax a little more. We went out to lunch at a new local place. Brylie ordered Mac & Cheese, even though we could have had that at home! Then we went to the library and got books and movies. This afternoon we had pedicures (here at home). Brylie's nails are all ready for her first day of school now! We also did some grocery shopping so that we can make zucchini bread this evening! Kaden will be home soon, and we will have to act like we did NOTHING fun at all while she was gone, or she will be very mad at us.
Brylie is a great daughter and I am so lucky to be her Mom. She keeps me entertained and is still such a sweetie that she melts my heart! It has been a great few days.

1 comment:

Kelli said...

I'm glad Brylie got to have some special time alone with you...what fun! I'm jealous about the PeiWei meal, though.

Glad you are blogging again.