Happy 8th Birthday Kaden!
So, we have another birthday in the house! We have plenty of celebrating at our house in Jan-March, since that is when everyone has their birthday except me.
Kaden turns 8 today. I cant believe my first baby girl is that old. How is that possible? My sweet little innocent girl is growing up and wanting to wear make-up and have Justin Bieber posters on her wall. I dont think I am ready for all this!!
Today is a thursday, which means it is a gymnastics night. Kaden wanted to have her birthday dinner the night before, so that she wouldnt get sick at gymnastics. So, the celebrating started on wed night. For dinner I told Kaden she could pick her favorite food and we would make it, or go to the restaurant that had it and get it! She decided to have noodles with Alfredo sauce, corn, apples, and fruit dip. This is something that we eat ALL THE TIME! But thats what she wanted, so thats what she got!
Then Grandma Kelli and Grandpa Scott came over, since Gpa has meetings in Platte city on wed nights. Aunt Nic also came over. We had cake and ice cream and opened most of the presents.
Kadens favorite present was a sewing machine that Gma and Gpa gave her! Tomorrow we are sewing a purse! Kaden also got a camera from her dad that she has loved using!
Today, Kaden took cupcakes and drinks to her classroom and had a party. The forecast was calling for snow today and Kaden really wanted school to be cancelled. It wasnt, but they did get out one hour early because the roads were getting bad. Then gymnastics was cancelled because of the snow, so we stayed home and celebrated more.
I remember 8 years ago on this day. It was my first day off of work, I had quit my job so I would have 2 weeks vacation to prepare, before Kadens due date. Well, that morning my water broke and I had to call and get Matt out of class to come take me to the hospital. We got to the hospital around 10 am. I wasnt in any pain. They gave me pitocin and we tried to get labor going. I was bored all day and couldnt eat. We watched movies, and played Uno.....WAITING. They asked me all day if I wanted pain medicine yet and I said no, I wasnt feeling pain, I could feel the contractions but they didnt hurt.
That evening at 7:30, I got up to go to the bathroom, when I sat back down in bed, the pain hit me ike a ton of bricks. I was screaming out in pain and wanted the epidural now!! The nurse checked me and it was almost time to push, no time for an epidural. I asked to have ANY kind of pain meds and the nurse said NO!! Kaden was born at 8:52 pm. It was a very painful experience!!
She was of course, the most beautiful baby I had ever seen!
Kaden definitely has her own personality. She thinks she is in charge of everything at our house. She can be very bossy to her sister! But she is also the sweetest girl, that cares about everyones feelings. She has a soft heart for her peers that are different or less fortunate. I am sure she will do great things. Her heart is in the right place and she has the determination to do whatever she puts her mind too....even when you tell her she is wrong! She is also a great helper!
Happy Birthday Kaden, we love you!
Love,
Mom, Greg, Brylie, Jaren and Ellie


1 comment:
It really is hard to believe that Princess Kaden is 8 already.
Kay-kay...grandpa and I love you so very much. You are our special girl. :) Happy Birthday
Post a Comment